Medical Device Testing & Innovation
Through our materials expertise we offer product and process development and testing and analysis services to medical device manufacturers and suppliers.
Our materials knowledge gives us great understanding of their behaviour and performance. Your product or material could benefit from the many services we offer, including:
- Biocompatibility - ensure your products are biocompatible and avoid unnecessary in vivo testing
- Quality Control Testing - ensure batch consistency through existing or Lucideon developed protocols
- Powder Processing Consultancy - troubleshoot and optimize processes to create better yields, stability and overall performance including milling, foaming and rheology
- Regulatory Submission Support - generate accurate and complete data to submit to FDA and other authorities
- Cleanliness Validation - develop protocols, validate cleanliness, identify contaminants and understand the significance of changes to your manufacturing process
- Wear and Mechanical Testing - test the durability and robustness of orthopedic implants and other medical devices
- Failure Analysis - identify root causes, solve failures and prevent reoccurrence
- Method Development - we can develop and validate customized methods for all your testing and analysis requirements where industry standards aren’t available
- Additive Manufacturing Support - understand the limitations of your new process and its impact on your product performance, including achieving cleanliness and understanding failure modes
Lucideon's experts sit on a number of relevant committees including: BS committees CH/150 (Implants for Surgery) and CH/150/SC1 (Materials for Surgical Implants) and ISO committees TC 150 (Implants for Surgery), TC 150/SC1 (Materials for Surgical Implants), TC 150/SC1 WG3 (Materials for Surgical Implants – Ceramics), TC 150/SC1 WG3 (Materials for Surgical Implants – Metals), TC 150/SC1 WG3 (Materials for Surgical Implants – Polymers), TC 150 WG7 (Implants for Surgery – Fundamental Standards) and TC 150 WG7 (Implants for Surgery – Coatings).
Materials Development & Technology Innovation
Lucideon has a range of in-house developed technologies that could have perfect applications for you.
- Controlled Release Technologies – novel delivery platforms based on glass and ceramic materials to release actives and nutrients in a highly selective and targeted manner
- Bioactive Materials – inorganic ion doping of glasses and ceramics to achieve improved or additional biological responses e.g. antimicrobial
- Toughened Ceramics – a world-first low-energy ceramic processing technology that allows you to control and tailor the microstructure of your ceramics.