Materials Development Consultancy
We know that your business relies on improving and developing products, materials and technologies.
Our aim is to help you stay ahead of the game, be first to market and gain a competitive advantage by helping you develop the next generation of products.
Analytical development techniques
Our materials experts have a wide range of analytical techniques, state-of-the-art rational materials selection tools, prototyping and pilot-scale facilities and cross-industry experience at their disposal – meaning that they are the perfect extension to your R&D team.
Expert guidance at your disposal
Lucideon has extensive experience designing and developing new ceramic, polymer, and metal materials to meet end-user applications. If your application requires properties that are beyond those which are currently available, we can work collaboratively with your internal teams to identify a technology pathway and lay out a road map for implementation into your products.
How we can help
If you're asking any of the questions below, then give us a call. We'll be able to help.
- How can we improve existing materials, products, processes and technologies?
- Can we make them perform better – by selecting different materials and reformulating?
- Can we add functionality to what they do?
- Can we reduce the cost of them?
- Can we pinpoint the root cause of failures and stop them from re-occurring?
- Can we improve yields?
- How can we develop the next generation of products and processes?
Some examples of our support
We can help you with:
- Technology and material assessment for Additive Manufacturing (AM) of polymer materials
- Development and benchmarking of surface coatings
- Expansion of existing materials through innovative processing, such as Flash Sintering
Let us work with you to make sure your materials perform how you want them to, giving you a competitive edge in the marketplace.
We have unrivalled experience in understanding the fundamental material science behind materials development and knowing how best to achieve the outcomes you want. We help you realise the success you want.
In this white paper, we will take a look at additive manufacturing from the metallurgical perspective. As with any other manufacturing process, different materials provide different benefits for particular applications
This white paper reviews some of the technology being used in the development of new stents and how, in particular, computational modelling and material characterisation are helping to improve clinical outcomes
The goal of this white paper is to demonstrate the risk of working with the wrong material, to highlight the upside when the right material is selected
Lucideon testing helps to optimize the coating process of powders
Testing and reverse engineering of materials