Lucideon in the US (formerly M+P Labs) has been providing materials and components testing and analysis for the power generation and energy storage industries for decades.
We are intimately familiar with the materials, components, operating environments and failure mechanisms associated with power generation and energy storage equipment.
We routinely provide testing and evaluation services to all members of the energy supply chain, including:
- Service & repair companies
- Materials and component suppliers
We also assist companies who want to start supplying components or expanding their product offerings for the industry.
Lucideon has the depth of experience and knowledge to provide:
- Full characterization of material properties for use by product designers
- Component specification testing
- Turbine component failure analysis
- Foreign material identification/debris analysis
- Casting and coating evaluations
- Testing per ASTM or OEM specifications
- First-piece or pilot qualification testing
- Insulation system testing and failure investigations
- Weld and braze evaluations/operator certification
- Failure analysis of in-service components
- Reverse engineering for obsolete parts
- Validation of FEA models
- High temperature oxidation testing for alloy/coating systems and ceramics
- Repair process validation
- Material selection/alloy development support
- Interface interaction evaluation.
Our materials and process experts also offer a range of Additive Manufacturing supply chain and development support - from materials/powders development and process optimization to quality validation and assurance - with an aim to accelerate additive applications. Find out more here.
Find out for yourself why Lucidon has earned respect throughout the power generation industry for its co-operative approach to problem-solving, high standards and quality. We look forward to going beyond supporting your materials testing needs, providing the solutions you desire.