Whether you’re looking to develop a new product or improve an existing design, Lucideon has the expertise to optimise your medical devices. Working as an extension to your manufacturing and research and development teams we produce innovative results with a quick turnaround.
Through our materials expertise we offer product and process development and testing and analysis services to medical device manufacturers and suppliers. We have extensive knowledge in the field of orthopaedic implants, cardiovascular implants, dental devices and surgical instruments.
Our materials knowledge gives us great understanding of their behaviour and performance. Your product or material could benefit from the many services we offer, including:
- Biocompatibility – ensure your products are biocompatible and avoid unnecessary in vivo testing
- Quality Control Testing - ensure batch consistency through existing or Lucideon developed protocols
- Powder Processing Consultancy - troubleshoot and optimise processes to create better yields, stability and overall performance including milling, foaming and rheology
- Regulatory Submission Support - generate accurate and complete data to submit to FDA and other authorities
- Cleanliness Validation – develop protocols, validate cleanliness, identify contaminants and understand the significance of changes to your manufacturing process
- Wear and Mechanical Testing - test the durability and robustness of orthopaedic implants and other medical devices
- Failure Analysis - identify root causes, solve failures and prevent reoccurrence
- Method Development – we can develop and validate bespoke methods for all your testing and analysis requirements where industry standards aren’t available
- Additive Manufacturing Support – understand the limitations of your new process and its impact on your product performance, including achieving cleanliness and understanding failure modes
Lucideon has a range of in-house developed technologies that could have perfect applications for you. Our technologies include:
- Controlled Release Technologies – novel delivery platforms based on glass and ceramic materials to release actives and nutrients in a highly selective and targeted manner
- Bioactive Materials – inorganic ion doping of glasses and ceramics to achieve improved or additional biological responses e.g. antimicrobial
- Polymer-Ceramic Hybrids – unlock properties that cannot be obtained using single materials
- Toughened Ceramics – a world-first low-energy ceramic processing technology that allows you to control and tailor the microstructure of your ceramics.