Rolling Load Testing of Flooring Performance
When predicting the performance of a laid floor's surface and/or system under simulated rolling loads to ASTM C627, a rolling load floor testing based on the Robinson-Type Floor Testing machine is commonly used. The test was initially designed for tiles; however, the Robinson Floor Test can also be applied to most hard-surface flooring including; wood, marble, stone, slate, laminate, vinyl, and rubber.
Using our Robinson-Type Floor Testing machine, we can conduct both on-site and laboratory testing. Outcomes of this testing include:
- The durability assessment of newly laid flooring surfaces, which ensures they meet the required level
- Highlighting installation of material manufacturing faults
- Determining whether problematic flooring surfaces are meeting the required performance levels
Rolling load floor testing benefits include:
- Being the only standardised method of flooring surface and flooring system performance, thus generating reliable data and results
- The ability to differentiate your products performance from un-tested competitors’ products
- Endorsed product specification modifications, which potentially leads to retrospective financial savings if specification adjustments are subsequently unsuitable.