Product Claim Support - Consumer Products
Personal care or home care products manufacturers and suppliers know that it is important to instil consumer confidence in brands and products, as well as satisfying regulators that you can scientifically substantiate your consumer products' marketing claims.
Product claim validation
We provide quantitative and qualitative product analysis, which produces detailed data and scientific conclusions that is supported by visual information such as chemical mapping and three-dimensional images, to give credibility to your claims.
Our consumer products claim validation service includes:
- Development of new test methods
- Gain insights into your product’s properties
- 3D Imaging of your product at work
- Quantitative, scientific evidence for product claims
Oral care claim support
We work with a range of oral care products, including toothpastes, mouthwashes, and denture adhesives. Examples of our work include:
- Bioactive glasses – adding function to products, e.g., toothpastes
- Controlled release platform - prolonging the action of actives
- Stability enhancement technology - increasing shelf life
- Novel antimicrobial materials - adding function
- Microbead alternative - replacing polymers with biodegradable inert materials
Hair & skin care claim support
From better moisturising action, to added lustre and improved 'feel', we develop technologies that will give your hair and skin care products, including deodorants, moisturisers, and shampoos, the advantage.
Our range of technologies tailored for hair care applications, including shampoos, conditioners, gels, and hair sprays, includes:
- Controlled release and encapsulation of actives - prolonging action
- Stability enhancement – improving shelf life and performance
- Novel antimicrobial materials – adding or replacing antimicrobial function
- Fragrance encapsulation – increased shelf life
- Volume enhancement – bigger, longer lasting volume
- Fibre strengthening and thickening
- Curling action
- Microbead alternatives – skin and environment friendly abrasives with added functionality
Related White Paper
3D visualization of human hair following conditioner treatments
The video clip below depicts the 3D visualisation of a human hair surface, by White Light Interferometry, measuring the surface topography and roughness after shampoo-conditioner treatments.
Lucideon & GSK Consumer Healthcare Compare the Effects of Different Toothpastes on Teeth.