Raw Materials Selection
To make a quality, durable, and long-lasting product, while keeping costs to a minimum, you must select the appropriate raw materials. At Lucideon we can analyse your raw materials to make sure that they are correct for your needs.
Whatever the reason for considering a change in material selection, be it for cost issues, changes in supplier, quality control, or environmental performance improvements we can answer questions such as:
- How can we improve our existing materials, products, processes, and technologies?
- Can we make our materials perform better – by selecting different materials and reformulating?
- Can we add functionality by changing our raw materials?
- Can we reduce our cost of production?
- Can we pinpoint the root cause of failures and stop them from re-occurring?
- Can we improve yields?
- How can we develop the next generation of products and processes?
Some examples of our services include:
- Chemical analysis of bulk composition and trace analysis by methods such as X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP)
- Mineralogical analysis for speciation and phase determination by X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Physical testing such as grading, density, porosity, strength, rheology, mechanical, electrical & thermal properties, stress & strain, and particle size
- Microstructural testing to study product failure or defects, failure mechanisms, inclusions, grain size, and bonding structure by Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) or Field Emission Gun Scanning Electron Microscopy (FEG SEM)
- Surface analysis to detect failures, contamination, and defects
Resolution of a manufacturing issue with fragile tableted products
Analysis by time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry
Lucideon's additive manufacturing expertise helped identify root cause of product failure
Lucideon expertise helps develop powder conditioning procedure to improve processing