EU ETS Verification - Stationary Operators
At Lucideon we offer independent third-party verification of Greenhouse Gas emissions for companies that fall under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) and the EU ETS Opt-Out Scheme for Small Emitters and Hospitals. Since 2005 it has been a mandatory requirement for companies who fall under EU ETS to report annual emissions data - data which must be independently verified. Lucideon is fully accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) to provide verification for both stationary installations and aircraft operators.
Phase III of the Scheme started in 2013 and will cover new sites and will have a different set of rules.
Lucideon is now accredited to ISO 14065:2013 by UKAS to provide verification of GHG emissions data under Phase III of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
With industry-leading experience and accredited by UKAS for EU ETS Verification and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Verification to ISO 14065:2013, Lucideon provides:
Annual Emissions Verification
We will develop a tailored verification plan so that your installation's annual emissions are verified quickly and accurately, allowing emissions data to be reported on time and efficiently.
By spreading verification across the year and reviewing data centrally, we can identify potential issues early, minimising the risk of non-compliance and ensuring that verification can be carried out cost-effectively and with minimum disruption to you.
New Entrant Reserve (NER) and "Significant Capacity Change" Verification
NER verification can be complex and poor verification can be costly. An experienced auditor can keep the process simple and ensure you receive the maximum free allowances for your new site or expanded process. Lucideon is the leading NER auditor in the UK.
Site Closure Verification
CICS performs ‘site closure' verification for sites that require verification of items to leave a mandatory scheme. Lucideon has the capacity to provide verification at short notice to the timeframe your Competent Authority sets.
Single Site Verification
For single-sited companies or multi-sited companies where sites operate independently.
Multi Site Verification
For companies with common reporting, across sites within one or more countries. Here a central data verification at head office is accompanied by compliance visits to the actual sites. This approach has been adopted by many large companies AND trade associations who manage carbon reporting for their clients.
Lucideon has perfected an unrivalled system for remote verification. Clients in the aviation sector and offshore industry have benefited from this for several years. For some classes of installation there is the potential to waive site visits during Phase III of EU ETS. For those clients with suitable installations Lucideon will help them through the process of obtaining site visit waivers.
- We have been providing independent verification since the EU ETS Scheme started.
- You will be appointed a dedicated lead auditor, who understands your industry and your concerns, and who will act as your single point of contact.
- As a client you will be entitled to our free Phase III training and webinars.
- Our robust procedures ensure that verification is carried out quickly and efficiently.
- From quotation, through to the verification report and final opinion, all services are delivered electronically to ensure a quick turnaround time.
- Where possible, data is verified centrally, minimising time and cost.
- We have developed standardised verification protocols for many of the available carbon management software packages, ensuring timely and cost-effective verification.