You are here: Home » Industries » HEFE and Public Sector
HEFE and Public Sector
Whether to comply with legislation, provide voluntary data for carbon footprinting or sustainability reporting purposes or move towards continual improvement of both your organisation and management system, local authorities and governmental bodies are increasingly making the move towards independent verification and certification.
Universities and Further Education
Certification to standards such as ISO 14001 and the new Energy Management System (EnMS) Standard, ISO 50001, can help universities to boost their ranking on leagues such as The People & Planet Green League 2013. Points are awarded to universities who have certification from an external body, in recognition of the rigour and accuracy of external auditing.
8 of the 10 top People & Planet Green League 2013 Places have gone to universities who have ISO 14001 or are working towards it.
Having externally certified management systems in place not only helps 'green' universities to improve their brand and reputation, it also helps them to focus on continual improvement which often brings about cost savings and improved performance and efficiency.
» Watch our video on the benefits of implementing ISO 50001 here
Why choose independent certification with Lucideon?
- Lucideon auditors have vast experience of how universities and FE operate through providing carbon footprinting, CRC, NER and EU ETS services, allowing us to provide robust and vigorous certification.
- Regular risk and process based audits allow you to focus on continual improvement of both your organization and of your management systems.
- You will be appointed a dedicated lead auditor who will be your single point of contact.
- We pride ourselves on great customer service - our team is flexible, friendly and provides a quick but efficient service.
- Independent certification is a key discriminator of real commitment and action, thereby enhancing your reputation and credibility.
- Stakeholders (staff, students, government, regulators) want to work with and be part of 'green' organizations - independent certification gives credibility to your management systems.
Lucideon is the foremost verifier of hospitals, medical centres, and university campuses.
Many public bodies now report their annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and have them verified by Lucideon as being true and correct. Having this data independently verified by a third party shows commitment to providing accurate and transparent data and gives stakeholders (public, NGO, shareholders) confidence that the organization is taking action not only to measure their emissions but also to reduce and mitigate them.
Public sector organizations are notoriously diverse and their structure can be very complex, often with a large number of buildings, employees and vehicles. Lucideon verifiers have the skills and experience both to enable them to unravel these complexities and to identify organizational and operational boundaries. Lucideon has a wealth of experience in applying robust sampling methods where there are a huge amount of GHG source streams.
Lucideon has developed methodologies to enable these large organizations to be verified in a pragmatic way with a minimum time spent on site, thus reducing your time and effort.