Supporting the National Health Service
There are 2,300 hospitals in the UK, operated by 168 NHS Trusts. Following the introduction of the Climate Change Act (2008) the health system, as the largest public sector emitter of carbon emissions, has started to work towards its goals for emission reduction - starting with a 10% reduction in carbon emissions by 2015 leading to a 34% reduction by 2020*.
Not only is carbon reduction good for the environment and good for health, there are also important cost savings to be made. The NHS spends approximately £600m a year on energy - the reduction of energy usage and carbon emissions could lead to cost savings, money which could then be reinvested into patient care.
Management Systems standards such as the energy standard, ISO 50001, and the environmental standard, ISO 14001, provide strategic frameworks to help organizations monitor, manage and potentially reduce their energy consumption and environmental impact.
Having an externally certified management system in place shows real commitment and helps to improve brand and reputation. What’s more, organizations that have their management system certified by Lucideon are eligible to use the relevant assurance mark to promote their achievement.
Services Lucideon Offers
- ISO 14001
- ISO 50001
- Carbon Footprinting Verification
- Sustainability Report Verification
- EU ETS Verification
Independent Assurance with Lucideon
- Independent assurance is a key discriminator of real commitment and action, thereby enhancing your reputation and credibility - A verified mark sets you apart from other trusts
- You will be appointed a dedicated lead auditor who will be your single point of contact
- Lucideon’s auditors have experience working within the healthcare sector, providing services such as EU ETS verification and pre-verification of CRCEES evidence packs
- A focus on continual improvement through risk and processed based audits
- We pride ourselves on great customer service - our team is flexible, friendly and provides a quick and efficient service
- Dedicated energy management proves to your stakeholders that you are committed to improving efficiency and limiting your organization’s impact on the environment.
The Next Step
Give us a call or use the 'Got a question' link on the right to send us an enquiry. We can discuss the different services on offer and talk you step by step through the certification process.