Lucideon CICS Ireland Limited
At Lucideon CICS Ireland Limited we provide EU ETS Verification to Aviation and Stationary Operators who are looking for independent, robust, efficient aviation or stationary verification for the EU Emissions Trading Scheme. We work with a diverse number of clients across a wide range of industries, including: Ford, Pirelli, Magnesita and Morgan Technical Ceramics.
At Lucideon, we pride ourselves on our personal but professional service and on making the whole verification of aircraft and stationery emissions for EU-ETS as simple and straightforward for you as possible.
Thanks to our extensive experience of providing verification for EU ETS, we understand the compliance procedures required for both small and large emitters within the scope of EU ETS aviation.
So, whether you're a global aircraft operator or a business jet operator who needs to have their aircraft emissions verified, we can guide you through the rules and regulations to ensure that your data is reported on time and accurately.
Why Choose Lucideon for EU ETS Aviation Verification?
We were the first verification body to receive accreditation from UKAS for EU ETS and we've verified $8 billion dollars of CO2 to date.
This means we are experts who:
- can handle and sample huge amounts of complex data across global, multi-sited companies
- know the EU ETS rules and regulations inside out (Lucideon verifies over 40% of the operators registered with the UK Environment Agency)
- will complete your aircraft emissions verification quickly and efficiently, meaning that you will report on time and avoid possible penalties
- can explain compliance procedures for both small and large emitters within the EU ETS aviation verification scope
- have worked with international airlines and business jet operators to verify their flight CO2 emissions.
At Lucideon we offer independent third-party verification of Greenhouse Gas emissions for companies that fall under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) and the EU ETS Opt-Out Scheme for Small Emitters and Hospitals. Since 2005 it has been a mandatory requirement for companies who fall under EU ETS to report annual emissions data - data which must be independently verified.
Phase III of the Scheme started in 2013 and will cover new sites and will have a different set of rules.
Lucideon is now accredited to ISO 14065:2013 by UKAS to provide verification of GHG emissions data under Phase III of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
With industry-leading experience and accredited by UKAS for EU ETS Verification and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Verification to ISO 14065:2013, Lucideon provides:
Annual Emissions Verification
We will develop a tailored verification plan so that your installation's annual emissions are verified quickly and accurately, allowing emissions data to be reported on time and efficiently.
By spreading verification across the year and reviewing data centrally, we can identify potential issues early, minimising the risk of non-compliance and ensuring that verification can be carried out cost-effectively and with minimum disruption to you.
New Entrant Reserve (NER) and "Significant Capacity Change" Verification
NER verification can be complex and poor verification can be costly. An experienced auditor can keep the process simple and ensure you receive the maximum free allowances for your new site or expanded process. Lucideon is the leading NER auditor in the UK.
Site Closure Verification
CICS performs ‘site closure' verification for sites that require verification of items to leave a mandatory scheme. Lucideon has the capacity to provide verification at short notice to the timeframe your Competent Authority sets.
Single Site Verification
For single-sited companies or multi-sited companies where sites operate independently.
Multi Site Verification
For companies with common reporting, across sites within one or more countries. Here a central data verification at head office is accompanied by compliance visits to the actual sites. This approach has been adopted by many large companies AND trade associations who manage carbon reporting for their clients.
Lucideon has perfected an unrivalled system for remote verification. Clients in the aviation sector and offshore industry have benefited from this for several years. For some classes of installation there is the potential to waive site visits during Phase III of EU ETS. For those clients with suitable installations Lucideon will help them through the process of obtaining site visit waivers.
- We have been providing independent verification since the EU ETS Scheme started.
- You will be appointed a dedicated lead auditor, who understands your industry and your concerns, and who will act as your single point of contact.
- As a client you will be entitled to our free Phase III training and webinars.
- Our robust procedures ensure that verification is carried out quickly and efficiently.
- From quotation, through to the verification report and final opinion, all services are delivered electronically to ensure a quick turnaround time.
- Where possible, data is verified centrally, minimising time and cost.
- We have developed standardised verification protocols for many of the available carbon management software packages, ensuring timely and cost-effective verification.