Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) Verification
Do you want to increase your Carbon Disclosure Project score? Having your emissions verified by an independent third-party can dramatically improve your score. Indeed, even demonstrating that you are in the process of having your emissions verified can add points to your score.
The CDP currently makes public the data of over 5500 organizations worldwide - it's important then that this data, which is seen by investors, government bodies, employees, the media and consumers, is accurate.
Why is independent verification important?
- It gives your stakeholders confidence that the data you are reporting is accurate as it has been verified by an independent, third party. Confident stakeholders are more likely to invest in and buy from you.
- It gives credibility to your data - and allows you to avoid accusations of ‘greenwash', thereby distinguishing you from your competition.
- Accurate data enables you to manage emissions effectively - pinpointing areas where reductions can be made and costs saved.
- Should new legislation come into force, you are well placed to report accurate data on time without having to start the whole process from scratch.
- Having independent verification earns you more CDP points - improving your CDP score!