Implants for Surgery - Ceramic Materials Based on Yttria-Stabilized Tetragonal Zirconia - Test Method
The standard is a comprehensive overview of property testing of yttria-stabilized zirconia implants for surgical implanting. Tests protocols cover density measurements, chemical composition by XRF analysis, grain size determination by mean linear intercept, monoclinic content by XRD, biaxial flexural strength, four point bending strength, cyclic fatigue, radioactivity and accelerated aging in which properties are remeasured after autoclaving.
Applications and Benefits
Provides quantitative measurement of parameters against required minimum properties.
Form of Results
Results are produced for the different parameters, some of which are referenced to other test methods.
- BS EN 623-3 - Bulk density
- ISO 12677 - Chemical composition by XRF
- BS EN 623-3 - Grain size by mean linear intercept
- Phase composition by XRD
- Flexural strength including Weibull modulus
- 3 and 4 point bending including Weibull modulus