Hot to Cold Thermal Shock of Refractory Products - Test Method
In house test method determining the hot-to-cold thermal shock properties of refractory products.
Determination of hot-to-cold thermal shock characteristics of refractory materials at temperatures up to 1550°C
Applications and Benefits
Provides qualitative hot-to-cold thermal shock information against required minimum properties with specific application to some furnace environments where materials see large temperature gradients and changes.
Form of Results
Visual inspection of the test pieces is made and comparative changes in the speed of sound through the material are measured after a preset number of cycles.
- BS EN 623-3 Bulk density
- BS EN 993-5: 2000 Cold crushing strength
- BS EN ISO 12677: Chemical Analysis by X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- BSEN 993-7:2000 Modulus of rupture at elevated temperature with three-point loading
- Mineralogical Analysis by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Compressive stress-strain determination
- Hydrogen diffusivity
- Stoning potential
- Alkali attack
- Vapour attack