You are here: Home » Testing & Characterization » Testing & Analysis Techniques » Rheology and Viscosity Measurements
Rheology and Viscosity Measurements
Rheology measures how materials flow under applied shear. Lucideon's wide range of instruments from rotational to capillary rheometers allow rheological characterization and viscosity measurements across the full range of shear rates encountered in production, from pouring or gentle mixing through to spraying and spinning.
Benefits that can be expected from full rheological characterization of your suspensions are:
- Higher yields
- Improved end-product performance
- Reduced waste creation
- Faster process routes
- Fast introduction of new products and benchmarking.
- Identification of processing issues involving suspensions, i.e. casting, filtering, pumping, spraying, spinning, centrifuging, general liquid solid separation
- Characterization of material structures
- Batch to batch dispersion uniformity
- Aggregation and ageing problems
- Appraisal of new surfactants / additives
- Benchmarking of products
- End product performance
- Identification of new QA / QC procedures
- Validation of established QA / QC procedures.
Typical Industries using Rheology
- Ceramics and Refractories
- Medical Devices