Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) Surface Area Determination - Test Method - BS ISO 9277: 2010
BS ISO 9277: 2010 test method determining the specific surface area of a variety of materials by the BET Nitrogen adsorption technique.
Determination of specific surface area by the analysis of BET Nitrogen adsorption isotherms on mesoporous and macroporous materials with limited scope to microporous material below a pore diameter of 2nm
Applications and Benefits
Provides quantitative specific surface area information primarily for mesoporous and macroporous materials but also some semi-quantitative information on microporous materials with applications to medical devices, liquid and gas filtration, lime production, QC and QA in process control of specific surface area
Form of Results
Single point and multipoint BET specific surface area in units of m2/g, adsorption isotherm plot in the BET range, linearised BET transform plot, tabulated isotherm and BET data and BET constant.
- BS EN ISO 12677 Chemical Analysis by X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Trace element determination
- Phase identification and quantification by XRD
- Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry
- Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) / Barrett-Joyner-Halenda (BJH) determination of specific surface area and pore size distribution.