L16 - Introduction to Grinding and Milling
Wednesday 7 October 2020 - 1 day course
To explain the selection of equipment, operation and controls necessary for effective grinding and milling of ceramic materials in order that the key property of particle size is optimized.
This module explains:
- What happens to ceramic materials when we reduce the particle size
- The basic mechanism which drives grinding and milling processes
- Choice of equipment for coarse, intermediate, fine and ultra-fine grinding and milling
- Operating a ball mill for particle size reduction, body preparation, batch and continuous processes, in wet and dry conditions
- Measuring and monitoring size reduction
- Influence of particle size on the properties of ceramic materials.
This practical session will include:
- Demonstration of the correct loading of a ball mill
- Viewing of grinding equipment available at Lucideon
- Particle size measurement.
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how to select the appropriate equipment to achieve a particular particle size
- Operate a ball mill
- Measure particle size
- Control particle size in order to optimise the properties of ceramic materials.
Who should attend?
This module is for persons from any ceramics sector who need to better understand how to control particle size in order to optimise ceramic material properties. It is suitable for production staff, quality control personnel and technical managers.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.