R3 - Troubleshooting Refractory Failures
This course will be available on two different dates this year:
Tuesday 21 May 2024 and Tuesday 12 November 2024
Location: Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Do you employ the traditional "hammer" method to test for refractory failures? If your answer to this question is "yes," our training course will help you to gain a new perspective on refractory failures.
Course objective: To understand refractory deterioration and failures in-service.
This course will look at issues around:
- Damage in the service environment
- Potential issues with refractory castables
- Interactions between the lining and the shell
- Interactions between multiple refractory linings and the shell
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- How to perform an inspection
- What to look for during an inspection
- How to obtain the most relevant samples and information from an inspection