R3 - Troubleshooting Refractory Failures
April 2024 (date to be confirmed), Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Do you employ the traditional "hammer" method to test for refractory failures? If your answer to this question is "yes," our training course will help you to gain a new perspective on refractory failures.
Course objective: To understand refractory deterioration and failures in-service.
This course will look at issues around:
- Damage in the service environment
- Potential issues with refractory castables
- Interactions between the lining and the shell
- Interactions between multiple refractory linings and the shell
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- How to perform an inspection
- What to look for during an inspection
- How to obtain the most relevant samples and information from an inspection