R2 - Understanding Refractory Properties & Links to Performance
Wednesday 18 October 2023, Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Is cold crushing strength (CCS) an important property to consider concerning refractory performance? If your answer to this question is "yes," our training module will be highly beneficial for you and your team.
Course objective: To understand the principles of refractory testing and its limitations, and the importance of material specification data sheets and the information they provide.
This course will look at:
- Refractory testing and its relevancy in industry
- Limitations of refractory testing
- Outline of the different refractory test methods.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Material specification and supplier data sheets
- Identify various test methods and what information can be used for selection and predicting in-service conditions.