R2 - Understanding Refractory Properties & Links to Performance
This course will be available on two different dates this year:
Thursday 18 April 2024 and Thursday 17 October 2024
Location: Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Is cold crushing strength (CCS) an important property to consider concerning refractory performance? If your answer to this question is "yes," our training course will be highly beneficial for you and your team.
Course objective: To understand the principles of refractory testing and its limitations, and the importance of material specification data sheets and the information they provide.
This course will look at:
- Refractory testing and its relevancy in industry
- Limitations of refractory testing
- Outline of the different refractory test methods.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Material specification and supplier data sheets
- Identify various test methods and what information can be used for selection and predicting in-service conditions.