R1 - Refractory Materials and Application Areas
Tuesday 17 October 2023, Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Do refractories have a melting point? If your answer to this question is "yes", our insightful training module will be of great value for you and your team.
Module objective: To understand the basic building blocks that make up the structure of a refractory material, where they are used and how they are made.
This module will explain:
- The global refractory market
- Material chemistry and physical properties
- The in-service environment and application areas
- Manufacturing processes of shaped and unshaped components
- The various application areas of refractories.
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how refractories are made
- What determines their properties and how they behave
- Distinguish between insulating and dense materials
Determine the differences between product types (e.g. low alumina, high alumina, chrome, magnesia brick, etc.)