L8 - Glaze and Glaze Applications
Wednesday 17 July 2024, Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
This course will demonstrate the principles of basic types of: glazes, raw materials choices, compositions, preparation and firing applications.
The practical session will include how to prepare a glaze, setting a glaze to the required fluid properties, glaze application, and firing.
The training will be delivered by Ian Campbell, a project leader at Lucideon with expertise in whitewares, tableware, glass technology and controlled release.
The course explains:
- What is a glaze
- Different types of glazes, component materials and compositions
- Glaze preparation
- Glaze control
- Glaze application
- Firing of glazes
At the end of the course, you will be able to understand:
- The generic glaze types and how they are formulated
- How to prepare a glaze batch
- How to modify glaze slip properties
- Glaze application, dipping and spraying
- The firing process