L16 - Introduction to Grinding and Milling
eLearning Course - Coming Soon
Effective grinding and milling of ceramic materials is essential to ensure that the key property of particle size is optimised. This course explains the selection of equipment, operation and controls required for the process.
This course explains:
- What happens to ceramic materials when we reduce the particle size
- The basic mechanism which drives grinding and milling processes
- Choice of equipment for coarse, intermediate, fine and ultra-fine grinding and milling
- Operating a ball mill for particle size reduction, body preparation, batch and continuous processes, in wet and dry conditions
- Measuring and monitoring size reduction
- Influence of particle size on the properties of ceramic materials.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to select the appropriate equipment to achieve a particular particle size
- Operate a ball mill
- Understand how particle size can be measured
- Control particle size in order to optimise the properties of ceramic materials.