L14 - Introduction to Sanitaryware
eLearning Course - Coming Soon
A technical overview of the sanitaryware manufacturing processes (from raw materials through to the finished product). The main focus will be on the major product type (vitreous china), although the differences between that and fireclay types will be outlined.
This course explains:
- The types of raw materials used and how they are combined into production bodies
- The production of plaster moulds and how these are used in slip casting
- The principles of the slip casting processes used in manufacturing sanitaryware
- Drying processes in production use
- The composition and application of glazes to products
- The firing process and types of kilns in use
- Control tests for production and product quality.