L12 - Pressure Casting
Wednesday 15 November 2023
Lucideon HQ, Staffordshire
Pressure casting has become a production method of choice in many whitewares sectors. Different approaches from conventional slip casting are required in order to achieve optimum results from the process. Whilst most pressure casting machines operate automatically in production, this module provides the opportunity to examine each stage of a machines operating cycle manually to fully understand the process.
This module explains:
- How pressure casting works and how it differs from conventional slip casting
- System requirements for body, slip and product design
- The effect of machine cycles and programmes
- The production of pressure moulds and their structures
- How to care for moulds.
The practical session will include:
- Hands-on use of a pressure casting machine operated manually
- A demonstration of operating parameter effects
- Production faults (case studies).
At the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Understand how the pressure casting process operates and differs from conventional slip casting
- Appreciate how changes to a machines operating cycle can influence product quality
- Understand how to minimise production faults and maximise mould life.
Who should attend?
This module is primarily intended for persons who are involved in or manage manufacturing activities. As the basic processes will be explained, no prior detailed knowledge of casting systems is required.
For more information on this course, please contact Caroline Mullington, Technology Partnership Manager on +44 (0)1782 764422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.