In April 1948 the British Ceramic Research Association was created by the fusion of the British Refractories Research Association, which had been in existence since 1920 and the British Pottery Research Association, which was founded in 1937.
The joining together of the two associations resulted from a realisation that the ceramic industry might best be served by a single research organisation.
The organisation continued to use the site in Queens Road, Penkhull, Stoke-on-Trent which had been the home of the British Pottery Research Association since 1938. The Queens Road site remains the company headquarters to the present day.
The main building, shown below, was officially opened in December 1951 by H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburgh.
In May 1986 the company name changed to British Ceramic Research Ltd and began using the trading name CERAM Research Ltd, although the campany was widely known simply as 'CERAM'.
In December 2006 CERAM acquired The M&P labs, a leading testing and materials analysis company in the USA with sites in New York state and South Carolina. Following the acquisition, The M&P Lab became 'M+P Labs'.
On the 1st February 2014 the company rebranded as Lucideon, bringing all the businesses under one company name.