Drug Delivery Platforms
Our drug delivery platforms, based on our controlled release technology, offer a solution for pharmaceutical actives that require controlled release, abuse deterrent properties and environmentally stimulated release. Tailored to your needs, our technology is capable of loading even difficult to load actives.
Control Release - from Minutes to Months
iCRT enables immediate, modified and extended release of formulations by manipulating the properties (e.g. porosity, solubility) of inorganic materials, e.g. silica. The smart carrier utilizes a range of triggers such as time, pH and moisture to deliver drugs to achieve more specific profiles, such as pulsatile and delayed release. Release can also be sustained for several months, if necessary, for injectable formulations.
iCRT is highly flexible, with various final forms including solid dose, liquid and powder, and can be tailored to deliver both small and large molecule drugs.
Adapted for the delivery of topical, oral and injectable treatments:
- Controllable, superior release (minutes to months)
- Non-polymeric (no toxic degradation products)
- Flexible to your product needs
- High loading capacity
- Can deliver zero order release
- Complementary to or an alternative to freeze drying.
- Enhances dissolution rate whilst maintaining control
- Maximizes the bioavailability of poorly soluble compounds
- Has high loading capacity
- Is highly stable without need for freeze drying
- Keeps the compound in an amorphous state
- Offers tailored release options.
Formulation stability during development, manufacturing and storage is key to a drug product's bioavailability. We have developed a series of options to tackle stability issues such as formulation degradation of small and large molecule products.
Formulation Challenges? We Can Help.
Please contact Aia Malik, email@example.com, to discuss your needs.