Three Point and Four Point Flexural Strength of Refractory Materials - Test Method
Three point and four point determination of modulus of rupture of refractory materials, insulations materials and some advanced ceramics.
Three point and four point determination of refractory materials, insulations materials and some advance ceramics using applied flexural load and deformation data using an INSTRON universal testing machine at ambient and temperatures up to 1500°C.
Applications and Benefits
Provides quantitative measurement of flexural modulus of rupture and stress-strain against required minimum properties with load capability up to 10kN
Form of Results
Stress-strain graph with resultant chord Young's modulus taken between 25% and 75% of the strain up to failure, failure load and modulus of rupture
- BS EN 623-3 Bulk density
- BS EN 993-5: 2000 Cold crushing strength
- BS EN ISO 12677 Chemical Analysis by X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Mineralogical Analysis by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- BSEN 993-7:2000 Modulus of rupture at elevated temperature with three-point loading
- Compressive stress-strain determination.