Lucideon has created a new 3D Microscopy facility which combines Optical, Confocal and Scanning Electron Microscopy techniques. This provides a unique capability for 3D Imaging and surface metrology, allowing visualisation and quantitative measurement of features on the nanometre scale to centimetres and beyond.
The depth of knowledge of our experts across the whole range of manufacturing and research sectors coupled with a rapid response culture produces major benefits to clients with solutions delivered within 24 hours if required.
The techniques which comprise the facility are based on White Light Interferometry, Confocal Microscopy, 3D Scanning Electron Microscopy and Structured Light 3D Interferometry. These typically provide:
- Height maps, 3D images and movies to illustrate the surface topography
- Profilometry – measurement of feature heights / depths on the nm – mm scale using line profiles
- Roughness parameters – including Sa, Ra, S10z, Sq
- Measurement of void and protrusion volumes, radius of curvature and fractal dimensions.
- Characterization of surface stains on metals, glasses and polymers
- Monitoring the effect of dietary acid erosion on human tooth enamel
- Measurement of wear scars in tribological studies for new lubricant products
- Investigating the effect of skin-care products on human skin morphology.
Typical Industries using 3D Microscopy
- Medical Device