Polymer Failure Analysis
Finding the root cause of failures quickly is essential. We can help to determine and solve failures at all stages of the product lifecycle:
- During materials selection - are materials fit for purpose?
- During design - why is the prototype not performing as it should?
- product failures
- yields - identify why yields are sometimes high/low
- contaminations - where have contaminants been introduced and what are they?
- During use - why is the product showing early signs of fatigue?
Using the latest in testing and characterization techniques we can determine the root cause of failures due to:
- UV, high energy irradiation (gamma-ray)
- Chemical & environmental factors
- Unknown defects
- Materials changes or incorrect material selection
- Processing variation
- Long term loading
- Incorrect short and/or long term shelf-life setting.