Lucideon offers a broad range of mechanical testing capabilities to determine or verify the physical properties of nearly any material that performs under a mechanical stress. Ensuring quality of raw materials to end products, using ASTM and custom testing methods, we test the elastic and inelastic behaviour of a material when force is applied, under test conditions ranging from highly elevated to sub-ambient temperatures.
The mechanical properties of a material directly influence its performance in the operational environment, for example, fasteners and welds that tend to fold or flex in end of service life might be prone to bending in use. Fastening products, in particular are subjected to physical forces that can cause deformation. We use the information about the forces applied and the deformation incurred to help you improve the performance of your product.
Lucideon can bend, twist, pull and compress at microscale and macroscale until failure occurs. We both routinely perform and engineer customized testing regimes on a wide range of materials including metals, plastics, and composites. We also offer superior specimen machining and sample preparation services.
Examples of Tests Performed
- Bend testing
- Charpy impact
- Coating bond strength
- Flexural strength
- Gardner impact
- Hardness (Brinell, Knoop, Rockwell, Shore, Vickers)
- Peel testing
- Shear strength
- Stress rupture
- Tensile strength
- Thermomechanical Fatigue (TMF).
- Determining the strength of weld joints
- QC of additively manufactured parts
- Replacement of materials due to REACH requirements
- Selecting materials for usage in high pressure environments
- Simulation of aircraft engine operating conditions
- Testing the strength of bio adhesives
- Testing medical implants
- Turbine blade alloy assessment
- Verifying a change in raw material supplier.