High Temperature Materials Performance Testing
Lucideon offers high temperature testing up to 1600°C to determine the variation in mechanical properties for a range of ceramic, metallic and composite materials.
The elevated temperature environments in which materials such as refractories and advanced ceramics (such as those used in the aerospace and defence industries, for example, rocket nozzles and nose cones) are required to perform, can present a wide range of issues in terms of property evaluation.
With our specialized testing facilities, coupled with our knowledge and expertise in refractories and advanced ceramics, we are able to help you test your components to BS, EN, ISO, ASTM standards or we can develop bespoke testing programs for your specific application. This gives you the confidence that your superalloy, ceramic, composite or coating will perform as you need it too, when you need it too.
- Compressive stress / strain up to 1500°C
- Flexural stress / strain up to 1550°C
- Thermal conductivity
- Thermal shock resistance
- Creep in compression up to 1550°C
- Work of fracture
- Thermal expansion up to 1600°C
- Specific heat capacity
- Refractoriness under Load (RUL)
- Permanent Linear Change (PLC).
Our services also include the use of high temperature induction furnaces.
- Comparison of strengths of different refractory materials
- Brake pad performance measurement
- CO attack/ vapour corrosion on refractories used in glassmaking
- Thermal shock on tableware
- Crazing resistance in tableware.
In addition to high temperature testing we can also perform tests in other hostile environments; including corrosive and mechanical stresses.