Dynamic Corrosion - Test Method
In house test method determining the dynamic glass corrosion properties of refractory products.
Determination of dynamic glass corrosion characteristics of refractory materials in a variety of glass compositions and temperatures up to 1550°C.
Applications and Benefits
Provides quantitative and comparative measurement of volume loss due to dynamic glass corrosion against required minimum properties with specific application to the float and container glass industries.
Form of Results
Comparative volume loss results expressed as a percentage of the original volume. Four test specimens can be run simultaneously in the same test.
- BS EN 623-3 Bulk density
- BS EN 993-5: 2000 Cold crushing strength
- BS EN ISO 12677 Chemical Analysis by X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- BSEN 993-7:2000 Modulus of rupture at elevated temperature with three-point loading
- Mineralogical Analysis by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Compressive stress-strain determination
- Hydrogen diffusivity
- Stoning potential
- Alkali attack
- Vapour attack
- Hot to cold thermal shock.