Analytical Techniques - Microscopy & Physical Structure
The combination of state-of-the-art instrumentation and expert analysts at Lucideon guarantees optimum problem solving capability using these techniques:
- SEM/EDX (Scanning Electron Microscopy / Energy Dispersive Analysis)
Microstructural analysis, fault diagnosis, imaging and elemental analysis of small areas of solid materials.
- XRD (X-Ray Diffraction)
Mineralogical analysis of solid materials for phase determination.
- FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Analysis)
Identification of compounds and chemical functionality in the near-surface region of materials.
- WLI (White Light Interferometry)
Topographical information from the surface including 2D, 3D images and profilometry as well as roughness parameters including surface roughness, peak height and valley depth.
- Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) Surface Area Analysis and Barrett-Joiner-Halenda (BJH) Pore Size and Volume Analysis
Precise specific surface area evaluation of materials by nitrogen multilayer adsorption measured as a function of relative pressure using a fully automated analyzer.
- Rheology and Viscosity Measurements
Rheological characterization and viscosity measurements across the full range of shear rates encountered in production, from pouring or gentle mixing through to spraying and spinning.
- High Temperature Testing
Thermal properties including thermal conductivity by fundamental and comparative gradient methods, linear expansion, pyrometric cone equivalent, permanent linear change, creep and refractoriness-under-load (RUL) in compression
- Thermomechanical Testing
Thermomechanical properties including modulus of elasticity in flexural & compressive configurations, modulus of rupture, compressive strength, flexural creep and fracture mechanics parameters.
- Zeta Potential Measurements
Charge on the surface of solid powder particles in suspension.
- Pore Size Distribution by Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry
Pore size distributions for both diameter and area determinations using mercury intrusion porosimetry in the mesoporous and macroporous ranges.
- Metallography - including Electron Probe Micro-Analysis (EPMA)
Visual, microstructural and compositional information. Full evaluation of physical, strength or performance characteristics can be determined.
- TEM (Transmission Electron Microscopy) - nano-scale compositional and structural information with images.
- Hardness Testing - including Vickers hardness, Vickers Micro-hardness and Rockwell hardness.
- Physical Testing - stress / strain, modulus of elasticity, fracture toughness, creep, grain size, density and porosity.