Compressive Stress-Strain Determination of Refractory Materials- Test Method
Compressive Stress-Strain determination of refractory materials, insulation materials and some advanced ceramics.
Compressive Young's Modulus determination of refractory materials, insulations materials and some advance ceramics using applied compressive load and deformation data using an INSTRON universal testing machine at ambient and temperatures up to 1500°C.
Applications and Benefits
Provides quantitative measurement of Young's modulus and crushing strength against required minimum properties with load capability up to 100kN.
Form of Results
Stress-strain graph with resultant chord Young's modulus taken between 25% and 75% of the strain up to failure, failure load and failure stress.
- BS EN 623-3 Bulk density
- BS EN 993-5: 2000 Cold crushing strength
- BS EN ISO 12677: Chemical Analysis by X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- BSEN 993-7:2000 Modulus of rupture at elevated temperature with three-point loading
- Mineralogical Analysis by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Modulus of rupture at elevated temperature with three and four point loading