MxHA - Multi-element-substituted Hydroxyapatite
Hydroxyapatite (HA) is a natural component of bone and is commonly used as a biomaterial to promote regeneration of hard tissue or integration between natural bone structure and medical implants.
At Lucideon, we are actively engaged in developing novel and simplified methods for the synthesis of hydroxyapatite (HA) substituted with multi-elements (MxHA). This new technology allows us to design the surface charge potential of the HA crystals and add intrinsic functionality and improved bioactivity to the material through the incorporation of different elements.
- Bone replacement applications
- Bioactive adhesives/cements
- Drug delivery systems
Our materials experts are currently developing:
- New and simplified synthetic routes to manufacture HA
- Multi-element-substituted HA with tailored charge variations via the introduction of different cations and anions into the HA lattice
- Porous granulates containing crystalites of <100 nm
- Nano HA crystals
- Contract R&D and manufacturing of HA and multi-element-substituted HA.