AMRICC - Applied Materials Research, Innovation & Commercialisation Company
What is AMRICC?
AMRICC is a unique international facility that translates materials, processes and technologies into real world products and solutions through the commercialisation of innovative ideas.
AMRICC provides an unparalleled educational facility, working together with some of the world’s leading universities that specialise in materials, helping to develop the commercial technocrats of the future – materials scientists with business acumen, industrial experience and the ability to translate science and technologies into world-class products and processes.
A collaboration between academia, industry and supporting partners, AMRICC supports the world’s materials sector, particularly in the areas of advanced ceramics, metals and polymers.
- Innovates around existing and new materials
- Reduces time, risk and costs to industry for scale up testing on new materials and material processes.
- Pulls inventions quickly from the laboratory, through pilot process and scale-up to commercialisation
- Will develop detailed investment business cases
- Prepares a pipeline of scientific and engineering business-ready postgraduates and apprentices for industry.
What does it consist of?
- An applied development facility (Lucideon) alongside a testing and accreditation pilot facility for scale-up
- Post-graduate school and educational facility.
There is a range of ways to engage with AMRICC:
1. Founding Investor
Founding Investors have an equity share and benefit from:
- Direct influence on the long-term strategy
- The opportunity to join the Board
- Access to discounted project work
- Access to discounted PhD sponsorship
- Access to future postgraduate talent and potential employees.
2. Member of AMRICC
Typical benefits of membership include:
- Engagement in commercialisation activities at a discounted price
- Opportunity to exploit research findings during a project in a typical work environment
- Early access to some of the outcomes from other members’ projects
- Ability to propose new areas for commercialisation projects
- Shared learning through networking with other members and investors
- Ability to be a customer at normal fee rates on an ‘as business needs’ basis.
3. Sponsorship of Post Graduate students.
4. Ad hoc material development and commercialisation requirements.
For more information, please contact: