Inorganic Controlled Release Technology for Agricultural Materials (iCRT)
» Download our data sheet on our controlled fertilizer and pesticide solutions via the panel on the right
It is estimated that by 2050, we will need to double food production, to feed the world population. To effectively produce enough food, the agricultural industry will need to adopt new technologies to improve productivity whilst maintaining consumer and environmental safety.
Lucideon conducts materials research and development, product optimization and technology transfers which are then licensed to customers to solve industry needs and problems.
What Lucideon Can Do for You
Our R&D is conducted ‘in-house’ for multiple industries, usually for a specific industry need. Advances for one sector can also benefit others via technology transfer. By targeting the needs of industry, our research obtains results both quickly and effectively.
Crop Protection and Animal Health
Our current technologies have been devised to improve the delivery of active compounds to the target site without reducing their availability and effectiveness, but with the added benefit that the degradation products are all ‘resident elements’ in the environment.
Our materials and technologies have been developed to optimize the delivery of:
- Micro nutrients
- Animal nutrients
- Animal pharmaceuticals.
Primarily, our technologies are inorganic silica based materials. By utilizing porosity, solubility, particle size and chemical structure, we are able to meet customer release rate requirements. This includes variable releases, i.e. an initial burst release followed by lower level sustained release.
- Customized release rates for individual customer needs
- Sustained release from hours to months – leading to less frequent application rates
- Burst release for fast action actives
- Delayed release – activated by a trigger such as water or acidic conditions
- Improved availability of actives at the required time – more chance of being effective
- Improved control of pests with better targeting and prolonged exposure times to actives
- Only basic ‘natural’ elements are produced as residuals are left behind
- Resistance to extreme conditions – heat, cold, chemical and pressure
- Multiple actives can be incorporated into one product – saving money and time.