Additive Manufacturing of Metallic Components - The Metallurgical Perspective
Presented by Julius Bonini, the webinar covers Metal Additive Manufacturing, Various Methods and Equipment, E Beam vs. Laser Melting Methods, Powder Bed vs Deposition Methods & Available Metal Systems.
While Additive Manufacturing is growing in popularity, challenges with this revolutionary processing method continue: quality and performance must be ensured, production grade materials must be sourced and productivity must be increased.
This webinar covers:
Introduction to Metal Additive Manufacturing:
- Various Methods and Equipment
- E Beam vs. Laser Melting Methods
- Powder Bed vs Deposition Methods
Available Metal Systems.
Metallurgical Aspects of the Three Stages of AM Processing
- Pre-Processing: Powder Issues
- Processing: Issues with Powder Fusion
Post-Processing: Heat Treatment, Surface Treatments and HIPing
Typical Component Applications.
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Comparison of Microstructures to Conventional Fabrication Methods
General Metallurgical Problems Seen.
- Currently Limited but Growing
- ASTM & ISO
- Validation & Testing.
- Continuing Development & Research.
This webinar recording will be of interest to manufacturers who:
- are looking to increase productivity of their AM process
- are experiencing problems with AM
- want to optimize processing and performance
- want to develop the next generation of products using AM
- want to implement AM into their manufacturing processes.
Registered users can view the recording. Registration is simple, free and quick.
Please register or sign in below to view this content.