Lucideon Expertise is a Winner with Ikea
Swedish retail giant IKEA was looking to appoint a preferred consultant for ceramic product sourcing around the globe. IKEA currently purchases large quantities of stoneware, earthenware and porcelain for sale in its 300 stores.
What We Delivered
Lucideon (then Ceram) has already played a key role in:
- supporting major investments which have been made over the last two years in capital projects for factory build and expansion (e.g. the installation of equipment and run-up to full production of a new stoneware factory in Turkey)
- manufacturing consultancy
- staff training
- new product introduction
- product conformance testing
- optimization of performance efficiency
- reduction of waste materials
- failure diagnosis.
IKEA's very high standards are adhered to through superior quality control systems and product and conformance testing and Lucideon has played a pivotal role in helping suppliers achieve these, including developing and installing quality systems in their factories and training workers to operate them in a consistent manner.
Value to the Client
Jan Andersson, Ceramics Quality Manager of IKEA, commented that by choosing Lucideon as their preferred consultant "IKEA has the advantage of having just one contact that can offer a wide variety of competences, including both skilled technical field personnel and R&D testing capability."
"We also see the access to the vast network of companies working in the ceramic field as a major advantage."