We use all the facilities at hand - our materials expertise, cross-industry knowledge and wide range of analytical capabilities - to quickly identify the root cause of failures.
In addition to materials failure analysis, we also specialize in failure analysis and root cause investigations of motors, generators and other electrical equipment.
Our services include:
- Evaluation of reactions or degradation of components and systems
- Physical and chemical surface analysis
- Metallography and metallurgical evaluation
- Chemical depth profiling
- Impact of surface changes
- Corrosion analysis and defect investigation
- Identification of contaminants and modes of failure – both physical and chemical.
Examples of our work include:
- Failure analysis of under-voltage relays
- Evaluation of crevice corrosion in generator stator bar brazed joints, leak path and insulation failure investigations.