Lucideon provides powder consultancy to its pharmaceutical partners. It is critical that your powder processing routes are optimized on the front end to provide maximum yields and the best quality products, whether they are ultimately pressed into a tablet, used in an aerosol, or added to a suspension.
» The Effect of Powder Milling on Performance
» DoE (Design of Experiments) and Statistical Interpretation of Test Data
» Perspectives on Extractables - Pharmaceutical Products and Medical Devices
» Update on USP Tests for Elemental Impurities - Are you ready?
We have state-of-the-art cGMP pharmaceutical laboratories, supported by our expert consultants, who can help you analyze and develop powder-related products. Our optimization services include:
- Characterization of particle size, shape, composition and crystallinity
- Analyzing and optimizing zeta potential and rheology by e.g. changing pH levels and use of additives – critical for suspensions and powder flow
- In depth measurement of “downstream” intermediate products, e.g. strength of pressed granulate products and appraisal of coating thickness
- Factorial Experimental Design (FED) to demonstrate strong correlations between powder properties and end-product performance
- Design and validation of QC protocols
- Milling protocol development – from nm to mm particle size scale
- Pilot-scale facilities for powder processing and prototyping
Previous work with pharmaceutical manufacturers and suppliers includes:
- optimizing the zeta potential of multi-phase powder suspensions to prevent agglomeration and collapsing of foam structures
- functionalizing powder surface chemistry to encourage homogenous dispersion and cohesion with organic phases of composite products