Medical device failures during manufacture or after use are a serious concern for manufacturers and users. We work with our partners to understand their device failures, helping them optimize performance, catalyse product development and ensure patient safety.
» Our latest Medical Devices newsletter. Download it via the panel on the right.
We understand the importance of reducing manufacturing down-time and speed to market, so we work with you to quickly and efficiently resolve and understand failures. We also analyse explants, to investigate cause of failure in-use.
Our failure analysis and root cause investigation services include:
- Fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis and microstructure investigation
- Evaluation of corrosive failures
- Characterization of surfaces and coatings
- Identification and root cause of contamination
- Evaluation of process issues and process optimization
- Chemical, physical, mineralogical and thermal analysis
- Accelerated performance testing to predict failures
- 3D-Strain – digital imaging technologies to characterize strains during testing.
At Lucideon we are experts in materials science and engineering and failure analysis and root cause investigation. We can work with you to analyse failures quickly and effectively, whether after use, during manufacture or at the R&D stage of product development.