Dental Materials and Devices
Lucideon’s expertise in the dental field is world leading, with experts that can help you with the ‘what, why and how’ of dental product development and manufacturing, from achieving and understanding the properties you want, to maintaining and assuring the quality of those products.
» Have you seen our latest Medical Devices newsletter? Download it to the right.
We are experienced in working with a range of dental products, such as:
- Restoration materials
Product optimization and R&D support
Lucideon has years of experience in testing and developing metals, glasses and ceramics for various industries, including applying them to and processing them into dental devices and products. Our experts work side-by-side with R&D and engineering teams to help bring novel or improved products to the market. For example, maybe you are:
- Changing your manufacturing process and want to know whether the properties will be retained
- Adding a new coating and want to understand the impact
- Developing a new design that needs validating.
We can help you join those dots between the materials, the process, the design, and the final product.
Testing and analysis
All of our work is fundamentally supported by our extensive analytical expertise, which can be used for:
- Testing and characterization of the product and the substrate
- Benchmarking of materials, processes and suppliers
- Cleaning validation (implants and reusable devices)
- Product claim and regulatory support
- Failure analysis e.g. discoloration, corrosion, fracturing
- Bespoke method development e.g. accelerated ageing, simulated in vitro conditions.
Utilizing our extensive expertise in the field, we have developed a series of technology platforms to meet industry needs, including:
- new manufacturing processes for toughening dental ceramics
- new chemistries to improve longevity and bioactivity of restorations and adhesives
- materials with drug-free antimicrobial properties.