Lucideon’s 3DStrain testing service can offer you vital insights and understanding into the performance, durability and failure analysis of your materials, products and structures when interacting with external forces, weights, strains and stresses.
Lockable dowel tying two reinforced concrete slabs together, tested in combined tension and shear to represent in-situ loading:
Using Digital Image Correlation (DIC) technology, our experts can perform testing and analyze the detailed data to provide you with clear, simple, quantitative results.
If you need to:
- characterize mechanical behaviour of materials
- visualise the response of a component or structure under various loading conditions
- obtain strain maps of components under load
- verify and refine finite element analysis models of complex geometries.
3DStrain can deliver non-destructive, full-field surface strain measurements on objects under load. We deliver movement tracking at the pixel level on most materials, for a range of sizes on complex geometries.
With Lucideon you receive full analytical interpretation of the data from our experts, allowing you to make use of the vast, in depth feedback quickly and easily. 3DStrain also produces visual results that show how strains and cracks develop and grow, up to the point of failure.
Lucideon’s 3DStrain service offers you detailed digital imagery showing the displacement on your product, correlated against a no-load condition.
Key features include:
- Quantitative results - calibrated images provide strain or displacement in three dimensions
- Portable system - readily transportable and can be used in our laboratories or client facilities, or on-site for large-scale structures
- Scalable - it can be applied to large structures such as bridges, down to filaments, fibres, and sub-scale components, including images obtained from a scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- Versatile - can be applied to virtually any material of almost any geometry, under static or dynamic loads
- Non-contacting and non-destructive - enables proof-testing of components without damage
Lucideon has a comprehensive quality assurance program, which is in compliance with ISO 17025.