Testing & Analysis - Tableware
Through our UKAS ISO 17025:2005 accredited UK laboratories and approved overseas laboratories, we are able to offer manufacturers, retailers and importers full materials and product testing of all tabletop and giftware items.
Testing is usually carried out to the BSI Publicly Available Specification PAS54:2003 or alternatively to customer specifications for ceramics and glassware.
All testing can be carried out to British, European or International standards and where applicable to our own internal industry-accepted standards. Thanks to our comprehensive Information Services centre we have access to the latest emerging standards and legislation.
Whatever the specification, you can be confident that testing is to the highest standards using transparent, traceable, calibrated approaches and state-of-the-art equipment by highly qualified and experienced technical staff.
- Legislative requirements, such as metal release.
- Raw material assessment
- Product development purposes
- Quality control
- Material and product evaluation and conformity
- Quality and performance improvement
- Fit for purpose testing
- Due diligence
- Safety testing
- Environmental impact
- Failure analysis.
- Chemical analyses for bulk composition to trace analyses
- Mineralogical analyses for speciation and phase determination
- Physical testing such as grading, density, porosity, strength, rheology, mechanical, electrical and thermal properties
- Microstructural testing to study product failure or defects, failure mechanisms, inclusions, grain size and bonding structures
- Surface analysis to detect failures, contamination and defects.
We don't just provide test reports. We provide results, analysis and consultancy to help you solve problems, improve products and ensure legislative requirements are met - quickly and cost-effectively.