Services - Petrochemical Industry
Refractories are mostly found in the refinery and downstream processes of the hydrocarbon process industries.
Refractory materials are used in the following units found on a petrochemical site:
- Fluid catalytic crackers (FCC)
- Fired heaters
- Catalytic reformers
- Catalytic reactors
- Sulphur burners
- Ethylene crackers
- Petroleum coke calciners
At Lucideon, our refractories experts understand that our clients in the petrochemical industry need:
- trouble-free unit commissioning
- long-term refractory lining stability
- reducing heat loss to minimise running costs and carbon footprint
- optimum operation between planned shutdowns
- safe and reliable refractory linings
- short shutdowns to limit production loss.
And so we offer the following services to the petrochemical industry:
- quality inspections and testing of materials ordered
- quality control and assurance of installations
- independent inspections of deteriorated linings
- assessment of proposed lining materials
- production of data for finite element analysis modelling
- optimal design assessment by Finite Element Analysis
- failure analysis
- assessment of ex-service materials to determine deterioration mechanisms
- refractories training for site employees
- refractories support.
We understand that refractory usage in a single plant does not justify a team of refractory experts to keep up with the latest developments in the refractory technology. As an independent company, with extensive involvement in this industry, we are there to deliver this service to you on a need-to-have basis.