Services - Glass Industry
Glassmaking today is a highly competitive business where success depends on delivering high quality products at the lowest cost. Refractories can be a key contributor to business profitability in this worldwide industry.
With expertise in all areas relating to the testing, selection and usage of refractories, we can provide independent evaluation of refractory performance, interpretation and advice.
Our UKAS accredited testing facility (UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 0013) is used by glass makers world wide, to improve their profitability by reducing capital and operating costs and provides a full suite of simulative service tests and high temperature physical property measurements, including:
- Glass corrosion resistance
- Resistance to vapour attack
- Thermal shock resistance
- Glass quality
- High temperature strength & creep resistance
- Gas corrosion.
Refractories consultancy services include:
- Refractory selection for glass furnaces
- Refractory quality control & pre-delivery inspection
- Furnace & refractories trouble-shooting
- Furnace inspection
- Refractories monitoring
- Technical training
- Mathematical modelling
- Energy audits.