Advanced ceramics will have a significant part to play in the 21st century as we look for smarter, better, more sustainable materials to make innovative products with new and improved industrial applications.
At Lucideon, we use our extensive ceramics expertise to help manufacturers, users and suppliers of advanced ceramics to develop these new and improved materials, coatings, products and technologies – through a combination of testing and analysis and materials development.
We can help you to:
- Characterise your material/surface/product
- Select and formulate new materials, coatings and properties
- Solve processing problems – yield, performance, failures, cost
- Design, develop and evaluate novel materials, coatings, properties, products and processes
- Evaluate the performance of component and systems
- Produce optimized materials and products that perform better
- Control the quality, consistency and performance of your materials and products
- Identify failures and prevent their re-occurrence quickly to avoid downtime.
We also provide:
- High temperature testing of materials, components and systems for thermo-mechanical properties up to 1600°C
- A wide range of pilot processes (composition, forming, firing, machining), including fabrication of oxide and non-oxide materials – powder processing, fabrication and consolidation
- Processing methods for control and manipulation of nano-powders – suspension control and optimization
- Lifetime performance evaluation and profiling, including fracture, fatigue and rupture diagnosis.