Aerospace & Defense
The Aerospace and Defense industry is ever-changing, meaning, as materials and process experts, we are ideally placed to develop lighter, safer, stronger and smarter solutions.
With materials expertise and extensive cross-industry experience we are able to provide you with materials and process development and optimization, root cause investigation of failures, and Additive Manufacturing (AM) support.
From our state-of-the-art laboratories (Nadcap approved and ISO 17025 compliant) we also provide characterization of materials and coatings, high temperature and specialized mechanical testing, and validation testing of AM components, across all elements of the Aerospace and Defense industry.
Some of the Aerospace & Defense Projects we have been involved in:
- Design and development of thermal barrier coatings, layers and components
- Analysis of high temperature materials, e.g. for use in turbine blades
- Materials innovation for stronger and lighter protective personnel and vehicle armour
- Materials selection, integrated component design and testing for extreme temperature and shock in operation
- Surface contamination analysis and solution design for PCB manufacture
- Corrosion analysis
- Rational materials selection and design for minimised environmental impacts
- Guidance on materials selection and design for legislation
- Component design and near net shape fabrication processes
- Detailed material failure analysis of engine and airframe components.