We dedicate our internal R&D to developing novel technologies that solve industry challenges, and form strategic partnerships with the healthcare sector to help innovate and commercialize technologies and products.
- Tailored release allows you to control the rate of active delivery with a high level of precision
- Our materials research forms the basis of our drug delivery work and product line
- iCRT (inorganic Controlled Release Technology) has been developed by our experts for delivery of key actives.
Are you working with sensitive compounds and need a technology to protect them?
Organic molecules can impart beneficial functionality to products, but are often sensitive to “harsh” environments, including:
- High temperatures
- Extreme pH
- Chemical attack
- Strong ionic concentrations
- Exposure to organic solvents.
Many encapsulation technologies are also organic (polymer) based, making them of little use for applications where shielding or protection is desired – either during processing/manufacturing, or in the end application/in use.
Lucideon’s encapsulation and controlled release technology platforms (iCRT) use inorganic materials, such as silicate- and phosphate- based glasses or ceramics. Naturally, these materials are much more resistant to extreme environments.
- Enhanced biocompatibility and bioactivity
- Multi-substituted hydroxyapatite for bone/tooth replacement, repair and drug delivery applications.
- A world first
- A low-energy ceramic processing technology, based on the application of an electric field to the ceramic body during sintering.